Saturday, March 25, 2006

My first painting

When I was moving into the new place, I was going through some of my personal stuff and I found some drawings that I did back in 1994 when I was 14 years-old.

I haven't really done any drawings since then, so I figured a good way to decorate the new place would be to draw a picture, paint it and frame it and hang it up on the wall.

Here is my first crack at drawing and painting. It's a portrait of my dog Mojo; it took me 3 and a half hours to finish.


iBrett said...

Nice job on the painting Jim. How were you able to make it an electronic file so well? Digital picture then crop?

Jim said...

Thanks Brett. I just took a photo of it with my digital cam. I played around a bit with the focus, but that's pretty much it. I didn't crop it or edit it whatsoever on the computer.

PS: I had a friend yesterday tell me it looks like a Kindergarden did it ;) But others have expressed that they dig it.

Anonymous said...

Nice job Jim


Mark said...

Definitely looks like the work of a 6 year old, yet still manages to capture the essence of Mojo.

2012 The Urban Country

Contact Us